Invisalign uses clear removable teeth aligners to treat different dental problems, and this is the best alternative for you if you need to fix crooked teeth. Do you suffer from tooth overlap or uneven gaps in your teeth? You should search for Midtown Invisalign experts who will give you the solution to your problem. Here is all about Invisalign and how it can improve your dental health.
One major difference between the two is their appearance, and people cannot virtually detect Invisalign, unlike the more noticeable braces. This is because the Invisalign tray is made from a clear plastic material; braces, on the other hand, are made of metals. Thus, you can correct dental health problems without enduring ugly braces. Invisalign is designed to correct misaligned teeth, crooked teeth, overbite and underbite, and overcrowded teeth. Invisalign can be worn for teenagers and adults and will work effectively equally.
How Does Invisalign Work
Once you have Invisalign, you should wear them, including when sleeping. When you visit the Invisalign doctor, an x-ray will be conducted, and a 3D model of your teeth will be needed to identify the type of treatment plan effective for your condition. The 3D x-ray and picture of your teeth must be used in a lab to customize the aligners.
Cost of Invisalign
If you want to get Invisalign, your orthodontist’s treatment cost shall be determined; however, the average cost has been estimated to range between $ 3,000 to $ 5,000.
How Long the Treatment Takes
This will depend on your case, and there are no criteria used to determine the exact period. According to research done by many orthodontists, it can take between 12 to 18 months, although you can start seeing the results within a few weeks.
Is the Treatment Painful
The process can make you feel uncomfortable at first, but you will get used to it with time. No pain comes from Invisalign, but it can leave your teeth feeling sore.
Advantages of Invisalign
- They cannot be easily noticed; unlike the traditional braces, Invisalign cannot be noticed since they are clear.
- You can maintain good oral health; this is possible since you can remove the aligners when you are eating or brushing your teeth.
- They do not irritate; it is clear that when you opt to use Invisalign braces, you get more comfortable than the metal braces.
- Treatment time is short since you will not need many visits for checkups; unlike braces, you don’t need to make the archwires or adjustments.
- It does not have food restrictions; Invisalign allows the removal of braces when eating; you are not restricted to any food, unlike any other form of teeth straightening.
Once you get your Invisalign, you must keep regular checks with your dentist appointments to ensure you get the best results. Invisalign’s best practice includes wearing the aligners for 22 hours a day and removing them only when necessary, like when you want to eat and drink. It is recommended you seek a proper treatment plan with your dentist.