The thought of tooth extraction is scary, but we all need to know when is the right time for it. This is mainly performed by an oral surgeon who removes tooth from its dental alveolus or the socket. This is performed only when there is no other way to preserve your teeth.
Tooth extraction requires a highly skilled and experienced person who has been working for years. An oral surgery Cypress TX has been common for years now, with many experienced surgeons, whom you can find here. Sometimes it seems to be a complicated one, but requires a more involved procedure here.
Orion Dental specialties office has dentists that are the best for tooth extraction Cypress TX. You can call their office for a better understanding of the procedure and of course, get a complimentary dental examination. They have 30+ years of experience and the best dentistry technology here.
There are two types of extraction procedures:
- Simple extractions: They are done to the tooth that is visible enough to get extracted and are done using local anesthesia.
- Surgical extractions: This is performed when your tooth is not fully accessible. This is mainly when your tooth is not fully erupted or is broken and is stuck under the gumline. In this procedure, the surgeon will need to make some incisions on the soft tissues that are covering the tooth. In many cases, it is also possible that the tooth has to be broken into multiple pieces to get removed.
Reasons why you need to go for a tooth removal process
Tooth removal Cypress Tx is mainly conducted safely and painlessly. Many of the times doctors try to get the problem sorted with just a simple procedure, but if that doesn’t work then they will have to go for an extraction method.
The main reasons are:
- When the tooth is damaged completely due to the bacterial infection that has reached the pulp of the tooth. This happens when the infection is severe and a root canal procedure will not work.
- When you have a periodontal disease that has affected the periodontal ligaments, alveolar bones, and other structures of your teeth.
- When a tooth is impacted and is not able to come out completely. This happens when the gums are not erupted properly to let them come out. Especially this happens with the wisdom tooth.
- When there is not enough space for your tooth to be aligned especially in case of orthodontic treatment.
- When there is an accident that impacted your tooth.
Wisdom tooth removal Cypress Tx is a bigger task, and your dentist will have to take extra care and precautions.
Instructions to follow after the extraction procedure
After the surgical extraction, the following things are recommended to be taken care of:
- Avoid eating or drinking for about 2 hours of the extraction.
- Stick to soft food or a liquid diet for some days after the procedure
- Avoid brushing or rinsing for around 12 hours after the procedure
- Take a pain killer as recommended by your dentist.
Though the dentist will always look for preserving your teeth for better reasons extraction will be the last option when nothing works.