There is a procedure that everyone needs to follow in order to make the gastric sleeve in Tijuana a success. The surgery doctor will give a particular pre-op gastric sleeve diet, which everyone should follow. However, we should first know about Gastric sleeve surgery.
Gastric sleeve surgery is done to remove a large part of your liver and reduce the weight of your body. It will help patients to recover, form new habits, and avoid postoperative complications. However, the long-term effects of the gastric sleeve will differ from person to person.
It includes a pre-op and post-op gastric sleeve diet, which will help the surgery go as smoothly as possible. It is a widespread weight-loss procedure in the US. You must ask the question to your doctor what to eat after gastric sleeve. They will give you proper advice about the same.
Why should your diet be before and after the Gastric sleeve surgery?
- The main benefit that you will gain by doing a pre-op diet is that the procedure of your surgery will go much easier and safer. In addition, it will be less complicated for the doctor who is performing the surgery.
- Several risks might occur to your body through obesity. However, a simple diet can reduce the chances of ailments as well.
- You will be eating healthy, what is better than that? A pre gastric sleeve diet and post-op diet contains some of the most nutrients heavy food that will be better for your overall health.
Pre and Post-op gastric diet:
When you’re getting gastric surgery, the question that arrives is, what can I eat before gastric sleeve surgery? Well, here is the list of things that you should eat before and after gastric sleeve surgery. Also, it is very important to manage your cravings after weight loss surgery.
During the first week you should drink the following:
- Decaf tea
- Decaf coffee
- Sugar-free ice-poles
- Sugar-free drinks (Not carbonated)
However, you should avoid:
- Carbonated drinks
- Overly sweet beverages
As you move on in the next weeks, you should follow the following diet plan that the surgery doctor provides:
- Protein shakes with either non-fat milk or water
- Almond milk
- Coconut milk
- Cottage cheese
- Soft cereals
- Soft vegetables (steamed or boiled)
- Soft cheeses
- Ground chicken or beef
- Scrambled Eggs
- Steamed fish
- Canned tuna and salmon
- Mashed fruit (bananas, avocado, canned fruit)
Therefore, following this diet will lead you to a healthy lifestyle as well as a successful Gastric sleeve surgery.