Weekends call for a delicious sweet dish that can double up the fun. For all people who have a sweet tooth, a sweet and mouthwatering dessert is a must-have no matter the occasion. Most of us cannot resist ourselves when it comes to creamy ice cream. The same is with me when I see almost any ice cream placed inside the ice cream display. You can enhance the deliciousness when pairing the ice cream with coffee. There is no doubt that nothing can compete with plain ice cream, but you have to give the new recipe a chance. The current sensation of the summer season is none other than coffee and donuts ice cream. The fun thing about this dessert is that it is easy to make at home. You do not need any fancy ingredients to make this dessert. All you need is a piece of limited equipment with a handful of items from your pantry, and you are good to go. You can increase the taste of this dessert by making it yourself in the kitchen. You can add extra garnishing and other nutrients however you like. So, grab your apron and start making this amazing dessert by yourself.
Recipe Name: Coffee and Donut Ice Cream
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 05 minutes
Freezing Time: 20 hours
Total Time: 20 hours 25 minutes
Yield: One quarter
Calories: 331 Kcal
Six large egg yolks
Half a cup of sugar (granulated)
One tsp. of kosher salt
One and a half cups of milk
Two cups of heavy whipping cream
Two tbsp. of espresso powder (instant)
One and a half tsp. of vanilla extract
two donuts (chopped into small pieces)
ice cream maker (freeze the canister of ice cream maker overnight)
- In the first step, take a bowl and add egg yolks, sugar, and salt. Whisk all ingredients until smooth. At the side, take a medium pot. In the utensil, pour milk, cream, and espresso powder. Turn on the stove and keep the flame on medium to low heat. Place the pot over the stove. You need to cook the mixer and wait for a small bubble around the edge of the utensil. Wait until the liquid is steaming.
- In the second step, turn off the stove of the cream mixture. Set aside the mixture. Now, take the bowl of the yolk and sugar and pour the cream mixture into it. After that, keep whisking both mixtures until smooth. After combining both liquids, transfer them to the pot again.
- In the third step, you need to cook the combined mixtures on low flame. Keep whisking the combination until it becomes slightly thickened.
- Now that the mixture becomes thickened, you can turn off the heat. Now, add vanilla and stir. Place the mixture in the freezer overnight.
- In the last step, place the chilled ice cream mixture in the freeze ice cream maker. Start the ice cream maker according to the direction of the machine. After getting done with the ice cream maker, you need to pour the ice cream into a pan. Sprinkle the chunks of donuts over it. At last, freeze it until it becomes solid.