Cannabis is a flowering plant that produces many chemical compounds including Cannabinol(CBN). Cannabinol(CBN) has sedative properties but it is believed to be non-psychoactive.
- CBN is formed when tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THC-A) gets oxidized. It is found in stale cannabis and is formed only after the degradation of THC-A. This is the reason for the recent discovery of the compound and its potential benefits in the field of medicine.
- Oil from Cannabinol (CBN) is not as widely used as CBD and CBG due to very little research on this chemical compound and the legality of CBN is still a question as there are no perfectly framed guidelines yet, this is because all of its effects are yet to be known.
- Though, researches until today show that CBN has the potential to treat many medical conditions and also due to its non-psychoactive properties it can be used for treatment without getting high.
- CBN oil is used to provide sleep support and, stress, and mood relaxation.
- Sellers are offering organic CBN oil with product descriptions, listed ingredients, and dosage on various sites.
Why CBN oils are so rare
- CBN oil is less studied and thus is not as popular as CBD oils.
- Very few manufacturers produce CBN oils.
- CBN itself is found in a very less percentage in a plant.
- Even it can’t be directly extracted from the plant; it has to undergo degradation to form.
Benefits of CBN
- CBN oilis mainly used for insomnia, as CBN is believed to be the strongest sedative among all other cannabinoids and also for stress relaxation.
- Researches show that CBN can also be used as follows
- To stimulate bone tissue growth.
- To control and regulate the overgrowth of skin cells.
- To treat many skin conditions.
- As an anti-inflammatory.
- To reduce pain.
- Can bring anti-convulsive effects.
- Can help in stimulating lost appetite.
- Further research can bring out more benefits of CBN oil that can help medical patients who are in real need of its medicinal value and even help governments to bring out clear guidelines on the legality of Cannabinol (CBN).
- So, if you are planning to use CBN oil, don’t forget to buy properly tested oil that has undergone third-party testing and buy it from a trustable seller who can provide you with genuine information that you need.